Saturday, June 8, 2013

Saturday

     Today has been a good day. True, I slept in far later than I intended and was not nearly (read: at all) productive as I should have been, which I scolded myself for until I felt very guilty.
     I still didn't do anything but I felt very bad about it.     
     The best part of today was this evening, though. I got to go to the birthday party of a very special little boy who turns eight tomorrow. I've known him since he was two. I still remember the first time I saw him smile. He's such a source of joy in my life and I love him so much. His family is so sweet to me, too. His older brother is such an awesome kid and his parents trust me with their boys which is a huge honor. Next month I get to take the boys to the science museum. Our first outing together was to the city zoo several weeks back. One of my favorite days, hanging out with these two boys. I didn't feel so guilty for not doing housework when my buddy was talking to me at his party tonight. All that mattered was getting to be there and that he wanted me there. Kids are picky; when they choose you to be their friend it's a privilege and should be treated as such. His parents told him to give goody bags to his friends who came to the party, meaning the kids who were about to go home. He immediately put a goody bag in my hands. Seriously, huge honor. There are so many awards in life but that was about one of the biggest possible in my mind. This boy said he wanted all his other guests to go except for me, he wanted me to stay and watch him build one of his new Lego sets. Man, I love this kid. If I do nothing else worthwhile in my life, I got to have this friendship with him, and that's huge. I don't think there's been anything that's made me more proud than when he's told me that I'm his best friend or when he says he loves me, or picks me of all his grown up birthday guests to talk to and sit in my lap and want to chat with me. God's used him so much in my life and in my heart. He's my best buddy and I love him.
     I was already okay tonight. I just had to gush about why. :)
     Pretty, random flowers from my mom's place for today's picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment