Sunday, June 9, 2013

Shorty

     Tonight's post will be very brief as I've been sick since yesterday evening & am about to crawl into bed. Thankfully today has only been filled with nausea, headaches, & stomach pain - very mild compared to yesterday evening. It came on in about five minutes & I was done. I could hardly fall asleep last night I was so sick to my stomach. I can't figure out if it was something I had eaten on Friday or early in the day Saturday or if this was just some random, twenty-four hour virus. To me, right now, the cause doesn't matter nearly so much as the effects. Of course, if this were to continue (Dear Lord, please don't let it) then I would care a lot more about the origin story. At the moment, though, not so much. I would probably care more if I hadn't been dealing with digestive issues since I was about twelve. Since I have, I really don't.
     Today wasn't all about me feeling awful, though. Our first puppet skit for the new summer kids' series at church (which I wrote & performed in - not as a puppet) went well. There was one puppet cue mishap & I left right after my part was done since I felt so awful but we pulled it off smoothly overall! Plus, I had my lines completely memorized & pulled them off without a hitch - I even managed to improvise on a line at said cue mishap. While sitting very still at home, I watched a new movie all the way through, something I don't do at home very often. It wasn't the greatest movie I've ever seen, by far, but it was okay, had a couple of good actors, & was a nice distraction for a couple hours. I did manage to unload my dishwasher & do a couple loads of laundry so I'm fairly pleased with that. Somehow or other I'm going to have to get this apartment packed up so I can move back into my mom's house at the end of the month. I'll be staying with her until I go overseas later this year. That's a whole other bit of heart drama that I've been going through since 2010 that I'm not going to go into right now. I'm focusing on the positive in that situation & how many ways I can see God's perfect timing coming to fruition. Moving home is a step of faith towards this goal. I digress, though. I said this would be a short post, after all. I should keep my promises, even if they're only to myself.
     Goodnight, big, wide world of web & wonder. Goodnight tree in the pretty, dimming light. And, of course, goodnight, moon.


No comments:

Post a Comment